Seasoned Research Consulting Role
If you’re the kind of person who likes to figure out why people do the things they do or if you’re interested in finding solutions to challenges then you are the person we’re looking for. Stone- Olafson is actively seeking professionals with an interest in understanding people and a desire to put facts to work for clients.
We are a research-based consulting firm located in Calgary and Toronto working with clients across Canada and the U.S. This is a firm that delivers world-class research but is more interested in the business question driving the need for data. You could say we work a bit different than other firms in the research industry. We are trusted to provide real advice and solutions rooted in the facts and insights research provides. We trust our people to bring those solutions to our clients and provide a modern work environment for them to succeed. This means no titles and no formal office hours – work how and where you are most productive. We give you the tools to deliver.
We are currently looking for seasoned professionals who have a desire to contribute and lead in a flexible, fast-paced, fun environment. Who are we looking for?
- Someone with experience leading a range variety research initiatives –including digital and in person, qualitative and quantitative, to a successful outcome. You know your way around a research project from the first kick-off meeting to the last workshop.
- Proven communications skills with a premium placed on being able to manage complex concepts and then communicate them in a convincing manner. This comes to life in creative well-written presentations, memos, reports, communication tools, or more likely an engaging verbal style that makes research solutions relatable for clients.
- Effective balance of both big picture thinking and attention to detail – nothing gets past you but you can see the forest from the trees.
- Comfortable navigating the variety of information and research sources available today – either putting advanced analytics to work, using creative qualitative techniques, helping clients interpret their digital and social results, leading design thinking, facilitating a board retreat or writing a strategic plan
- You are a self-starter who is interested in collaborating to team success. You are a team player with a good sense of humour and an ability to play well with others.
- Comfortable with a flexible work environment and able to contribute at the office in regular working hours or getting something done at your home office at an odd hour.
- While you are not necessarily responsible for business development, you have an entrepreneurial personality – always looking for opportunities within existing accounts or sectors.
At a minimum you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, liberal arts or business;
- At least 8 to 10 years experience in a research related role – either as a client or
If this sounds like something you are interested in please submit a resume and cover letter telling to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Stone-Olafson check us out at www.stone-olafson.com