Research Consulting Role
If you’re the kind of person who likes to figure out why people do the things they do or if you’re interested in finding solutions to challenges then you are the person we’re looking for. Stone- Olafson is actively seeking professionals with an interest in understanding people and a desire to put facts to work for clients.
We are a research-based consulting firm located in Calgary and Toronto working with clients across Canada and the U.S. This is a firm that delivers world-class research but is more interested in the business question driving the need for data. You could say we work a bit different than other firms in the research industry. We are trusted to provide real advice and solutions rooted in the facts and insights research provides. We trust our people to bring those solutions to our clients and provide a modern work environment for them to succeed. This means no titles and no formal office hours – work how and where you are most productive. We give you the tools to deliver.
We are currently looking for curious professionals who have a desire to contribute in a flexible, fast-paced and fun environment. Besides being literate, numerate and having a great personality, who are we looking for?
- Natural curiosity and desire to learn from the people you work with and the projects you contribute to.
- Some experience contributing to research initiatives – you’ve supported either qualitative or quantitative initiatives but have limited experience leading a project.
- Proven communications skills with a premium placed on being able to manage complex concepts and then communicate them in a convincing manner. This comes to life in well- written reports and engaging verbal style that makes research solutions relatable for clients.
- A creative thinker with an ability to look at business opportunities from different perspectives.
- Effective balance of both big picture thinking and attention to detail – nothing gets past you but you can see the forest from the trees.
- Comfortable with different forms of research including traditional market research outputs, some advanced analytics, qualitative techniques as well as using digital and social analytics.
- A self-starter with a great sense of humour who is interested in collaborating to team success whenever needed.
- Comfortable in a flexible work environment contributing during regular working hours or getting something done at your home office at an odd hour.
- Core operational skills with proficiency in Powerpoint, Excel and other software a definite asset.
At a minimum you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, liberal arts or business;
- At least 1 to 2 years experience in a research, marketing or other related role.
If this sounds like something you are interested in please submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information about Stone-Olafson check us out at www.stone-olafson.com